Monday, May 20, 2013

Ulcerative Colitis survivor

What is Ulcerative Colitis?


Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease  that causes long-lasting inflammation in part of your digestive tract.


My Ulcerative Colitis story



I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis around May 2012. When I first started feeling the signs of Ulcerative Colitis I did not know what Ulcerative Colitis was. One day I found myself having stomach aches and having many trips to the bathroom, so right away I taught that I had ate something that had made my stomach upset. I tried many over the counter drugs like: Pepto-Bismol and Imodium. 

After having no results from many over the counter products I turned to think I had a stomach virus. My doctor made me do many stool tests, which is by far one of the most awful and disgusting experiences I've had to do; if you have ever had one of these you probably know what I'm talking about. After receiving my stool tests back with no signs of possible bacteria, my doctor sent me over to a GI doctor (Gastroenterology) to have a Colonoscopy done. The day of the Colonospy the doctors put me to sleep and
when I woke up they told me that I had Ulcerative Colitis and that is how it all started.

Hope

Ever since I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colotis I tried every possible medicine that they taught would make me overcome the pain and problem. However, all the medicines I received did not do anything to better the situation. After months of trying different types of medicines a different doctor introduced me to PREDISONE. This is a medicinal steroid is given patients to help them recover from many things. 

When I was first diagnosed with UC, I taught that I was never going to be able to recover. However, this medicine has changed my life completely. I live my life like any other person, and do anything that I wish. I just want to let all you Ulcerative Colitis patients out there know that there is a solution. I started out with high dosages of Predisone, but now I am on 10mg a day.I feel like this story may help many of you suffering out there that there is a solution

No comments:

Post a Comment